Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Confusion on firearm deer permit applications.

I was told at my place of work that permit applications for firearm deer hunting may not be mailed to past hunters. I sent an e-mail to the DNR asking about this and got a contradicting response.

"Previous permit holders will receive their permit applications in the mail later this month, as has been the case in the past. You can apply online if you'd prefer. Just click on DNR Direct on the home page and use your credit card. http://dnr.state.il.us"-IDNR PIO

The original information came via my supervisor who suggested the local DNR Field Office had said they may not be mailed out.

The application deadline for the first lottery is April 30.

1 comment:

  1. I spoke with our local Field Office man and he said the response from the PIO was a standard response. He did urge me to advise people to apply online. I spoke with one person who has recieved his paper application in the mail.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it honest, to the point, and civil. Most of all keep it pointed in a safe direction.